Building Blocks - Blanket Class
Prerequisite skills: knit stitch, purl stitch, and cast on
Over the course of 5 classes, students will learn a sampling of different stitch patterns to create blocks which will then be sewn together to create a very special, unique and cozy blanket. New and experienced knitters will be moved beyond the basics as they are introduced to the major knitting techniques in a systematic approach. Each block builds upon the skills of the previous block, allowing knitters to gain confidence and knowledge while creating their beautiful blanket.
A finishing party will be open to students on a knit night of their choosing at the end of the class.
Supplies (all available at Finch!):
- Building Blocks Pattern Book
- Yarn: Good Quality Worsted or Aran Weight... We have great suggestions for this, just come see us!
- Solid or 2-color blanket: 10 total skeins, 140 yds each
- Multicolor version: 12 skeins (140 yds each), one of each color
- One Size US 7-10 16-24” circular needles (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- Stitch markers
- Cable needle
- Darning needle
- Row counter (optional)
- Coco Knits blocking kit