Finch Quilt Club Fall/Winter 2019
5 months of meetings
Mondays 7:00-9:00; August 26, September 30, October 28, November 25 and December 16
This club was created to foster community the love of quilting while giving demo/lectures on technique. Each meeting will include a lecture about a new quilting technique or topic, as well as a demo/lectures on the most frequently asked questions about piecing, fabric choices, pattern, and technique when quilting, that we hear at Finch.
We’ll have samples, demos, show and tell, and more! We've even worked with some of our favorite fabric companies to have a giveaway at each meeting! Those who make a mini quilt, will also have the opportunity to quilt their mini on Finch's new BERNINA Q20.
10% discount on Club meeting days for Fabric, Yarns, Patterns, notions, and anything else you can get your hands on! (INCLUDES machines and classes)
Over the course of our five meetings, we will cover the following topics and techniques (and more!):
- Low Volume fabrics and how to use them
- Quilting Notions - find out the Finchettes' favorite and must-have notions
- Quilt Finishes - discover a variety of ways to finish a quilt or just a quilt block
- Color wheel and how it has a play in the creation of a beautiful quilt
- The Dresden block - discover ways to make this classic block take on a modern look
- Quilting with knits - See how knits aren't just for clothing
- Templates - look beyond the plastic! Find out how to make and use templates in your quilting
Some themes may be the topic of an entire Finch Quilting Club meeting, while others may be included at each meeting. You’ll get our best tips, tricks, and ideas learned from years of quilting experience!Finch Quilt Club technique demos will provide you with advice and resources to tackle these techniques on your own, but these won’t be classes on each topic or specific project. We hope to build community and enthusiasm for quilting and help you progress into our quilt classes... which are awesome cuz they're taught by awesome people!!
August 26, September 30, October 28, November 25 and December 16